The Importance of Essay Competition in Educational Process
Essay competition became an essential part of students’ life. At the same time, students do not always understand the importance of essay competitions, what they are held for and what their benefits are. Turning to John W. Holt, he once said “If you're not making mistakes, you're not taking risks, and that means you're not going anywhere.
The key is to make mistakes faster than the competition, so you have more changes to learn and win”. This statement is true and may be easily related to the essay competition, as those who do not compete, do no not go ahead and do not reach desired aims.
In addition to the above said, find the facts below that prove essay competition importance:
- Students develop some essay writing skills while essay competition.
- Students do not think any more about the paper structure. The skills are perfectly trained.
- Preparing for essay competition, students can improve their language in general, as well as grammar and spelling.
- Essay competition gives an opportunity to evaluate students’ personal abilities and check their knowledge.
- At the same time essay competition can show real students’ intensions, as David Sarnoff said, “Competition brings out the best in products and the worst in people”.
- Moreover, students show their hidden talents while essay competition.
- Winning an essay competition, a student will be rewarded. The school where this student studies will be also remembered. Such activity is important as the prestige of school may be raised.
So, essay competition is important in students’ life and the more competitions students participate in, the more experienced they become.