Report Writing Template as a Guide to Structural Organization
A report is a form of writing that aims to communicate the audience. There are several purposes of different reports. They can be written with the purpose to describe some situation and analyze it. The other purpose is to evaluate the state of particular situation and forecast its development.
The format of report writing depends upon the purpose of a report. But there is a common report writing template which you can follow to organize your report appropriately.
A report writing template contains the following sections
- Title page. It is the very first page of your report. A report writing template admits different formats of the title page. You should follow the requirements of the format style that is noted in your assignment. For sure, the title page of any report writing template contains the title of your report, your name, your instructor’s name, course, and date.
- Contents. There are two ways of contents presentation in report writing templates. You can form them as a table, or as a plan. List the sections of your report with the numbers of pages.
- Introduction. It provides the first sight at your theme. Report writing templates require stating the purpose of your report, actuality, and the main points of your investigation.
- The body. It is the core of a report writing template. Divide the body on subsections in accordance with the points which you are going to describe.
- Conclusions. This section restates the problem of your report. According to this report writing template, it contains the results of the theme investigation and your recommendations for the further development of the topic.
- Appendix. Report writing templates do not include this section as obligatory. It lists additional materials like diagrams or schemes, if appropriate.